Common Repair Concerns
As the top chimney experts in Simcoe and all its neighbouring towns, we recommend that you have your chimney system inspected and thoroughly cleaned at least once a year. While you might be tempted to do the task yourself to save some money, please know that this is a task better left to professionals. There are in fact, many reasons to have this job done professionally and here they are:
1. Your family’s safety should be the priority. It should always come first. That’s what we keep in mind too, whenever we do our tasks. We clean your fireplace thoroughly to ensure that as well. There are some hazardous gasses that are produced whenever you burn fuel. Carbon monoxide can cause dizziness, nausea, confusion, headaches, and possibly, fainting. Many poisoning incidents that are caused by carbon monoxide can be associated to blocked chimneys. As you see, a flue that is not functioning or a blocked chimney can lead to a buildup of carbon monoxide. That is one of the reasons you should call a W.E.T.T. certified technician from MGG Chimney Sweep to inspect your chimney to see its condition.