Common Repair Concerns
Among the leading factors that contribute to home heating fires is failure to thoroughly remove creosote from chimneys and other solid-fueled heating equipment. Creosote is the dark brown or black tar that is left behind by wood smoke when it passes over a solid surface like the insides of your chimney. While there is very little risk when just in small quantities, the fact that it is flammable remains. You don’t need an actual fire, but just a spark or even heat can possible cause ignition. Fire caused by creosote can quickly spread throughout your home without any warning.